Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"Company"

Welcome to Tuesday's segment of Jus Sayn! 


     "Be careful of the company you keep,"  oh how true this is!  The aura of people generates an atmosphere creating a mood;  It could be serene, wild or jolly and maybe even rude.  But for now I will set my own tone....That's probably why I choose to walk alone.  Jus Sayn!!!   By Dionna Ophelia




"Why I walk alone"
By Dionna Ophelia (copywritten & published)
 
 
 
I enjoy company but choose to walk alone
My every move is judged as words are thrown of stone.
 
I can't help but love and from a distance I will
Alleviating bitterness I pray as I kneel.
 
Hearts ungrateful and self-centered with no shame
An invite to a gathering, now regretting that I came.
 
I long to be surrounded with laughter and good cheer
The plaque of gossip spreading, I cease to go near.
 
The dark side of things is all they can see
But it corrupts the soul and it doesn't please me.
 
I'm grounded with serenity in the comfort of my home
Away from all the havoc...that's why I walk alone.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment