Monday, September 9, 2013

"Smiles and Laughter"

Good morning to another segment of Jus Sayn!  I want to share with you the decision to smile and laugh especially during turbulent times.



'Smiles And Laughter'
By Dionna Ophelia


     With so much mayhem in the world today, some so heart wrenching that it literally feels like it's choking our joy.  I made a decision that no matter what season I am in in life there is a ray of sunshine and I will maximize every moment.

     Studies have shown that "laughter reduces pain, increases job performance, connects people emotionally and improves the flow of oxygen to the heart and brain.  It establishes and restores a positive emotional climate....."

     I'm not oblivious to hardships that we do encounter, yet laughter is healthy and lightens the load in a world of uncertainty and callously cold.......So smile and laugh......Jus Sayn!!!



www.psychologytoday.com




"How"
By Dionna Ophelia (copywritten & published)
How do you go on when answers don't come?
And how do you define yourself with a parent of one?
How can such pain turn to great strength?
When the depths of my struggles exceeds its length?
Only in God's name can things get better
I sure hope some answers will come out this letter.
How can you keep dark thoughts far away?
When echoes of memories seem louder some days.
With no direction, how do you know where to turn?
Struggling with the remnants of pain's burn.
Though so much anguish I still manage to smile
Signs from above, only Heaven knows how!


No comments:

Post a Comment